Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the ‘GUARDSMAN’ website terms and conditions for use.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website and by placing an order, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
All information on this website is correct at time of publication but as our policy is to constantly improve, we reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. All sizes and specifications are approximate.
Visitors are welcome during office hours by prior arrangement. Our telephone number is 01827 713040.
Our email address is ‘[email protected]’. Our office hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 1.30pm on Friday.
1.Placing an Order
i. The online shop for our standard products has been designed to be very simple. We hope that you have no difficulty when using it. Should you encounter any difficulty, then please contact us directly by email or telephone before you enter your credit or debit card details to place your order. You may, at any time, change the details of your order until such time as you respond to a request to enter your card details. When your order is complete and correct, please print out a copy for future reference.
ii. Payment – Payment can only be made in Pounds Sterling (GBP). We do not accept payment in any other currency without prior agreement. Accepted payment methods are Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and Solo through Sagepay and also Paypal. Should you wish to pay by any other method, including cash or cheque, this must be arranged by telephone or email. Please note that where payment by any other method is agreed, your order can only be accepted once we are in receipt of cleared funds.
iii. Order confirmation – After you place an order, we will send you an email that states that your order has been received by us.
If we are unable to supply you with any Products, for example, because these Products are not available, because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price/cost of delivery, we will inform you of this by email as soon as we can.
We also reserve the right to refuse/refund your order if we feel there is a chance the product ordered will be used or fitted in an inappropriate or unsafe manner that could lead to injury or damage. We will not be held responsible for any financial loss due to the fitting of our products incorrectly. This includes attempting to use them with any other manufacturers products or not as part of the kit for which they are specifically intended.
If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount charged as soon as possible.
iv. Colour and appearance – Please note that there may be slight variations in the colour and appearance of our products. Pictures of our products in any publication, including this website, are representations only.
v. Delivery times -Please refer to our separate ‘Delivery’ page
2.Returns and Refunds –
i. Dog Guards and Boot Dividers (ordered incorrectly)
If for any reason you wish to return your unused Guardsman Dog Guard or Boot Divider you should inform us within 14 days of delivery to you. After notifying us of your intention to return your order, you have a further 14 calendar days to return the item to us, unused, in its original packaging and in it’s original condition to obtain a refund. You should retain a note of the number of the receipt and proof of postage for your own records.
You will be responsible for the cost of returning the item. We will refund the cost of the item minus the initial delivery cost that you paid and the cost of a new carton as we will not be able to re-use the packaging (£5 per item).
If you prefer, we can arrange collection of the goods. The cost of this will be £25 for a Dog Guard or Divider and £40 for a Bundle (more than one item).
Any other amounts debited from your refund will only be made to cover any remedial work required to bring the part back to a re-saleable condition – Please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Products if this has been caused by you or your agents handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop or causing damage to them. If the part is returned to us in a condition we cannot offer for it for resale we may refuse a refund.
Refunds will be processed within 3 working days of receiving the returned item.
After 14 days any return will be agreed at the company’s discretion.
We will not accept parts back that have been used without being made aware that is has been used or without our specific prior written agreement. Even with this specific written agreement if the part is returned to us in a condition we cannot offer for it for resale we may refuse a refund.
ii. Suspected Faulty Goods – If you suspect your item to be faulty please contact us as soon as possible (maximum 14 days from receipt) to discuss your issue. We shall be happy to discuss any suspected fault or error on our part. To enable us to deal with your concern we may also ask for photographs of the product in or out of the car and additional vehicle information including internal and external photographs of your car.
This information in most cases allows us to resolve fitment issues or to discover that the car layout may have changed. If you are unable or unwilling to provide the information we request this will impact on the way your claim is handled as the vast majority of fitment issues will arise from unfamiliarity with the product rather than faulty parts. If you are unwilling or unable to provide this information you will still be able to return your part but it will under the conditions in 2:i above.
If a fault or error is found we will offer you the choice of a full refund, agreed alterations, or an exchange. We may refuse to offer any of these options if no fault or error is found.
We will refund full payment where items are faulty or there has been an error on our part.
(a) refund you the price you paid for the Products.
(b) refund any delivery costs you have paid
(c) arrange collection at our cost.
We will not be held responsible for any losses relating to your order greater than the initial order value.
3. Return and Refunds –
i. Made to Order Boot Liners – All given delivery times are approximate owing to the complexity of the products we manufacture and we do advise that you place your order as early as possible. Upon ordering we will require all information on the vehicle i.e. Make, Model, Year, Type: Estate or Hatchback. The more information supplied to our sales staff, the more we can help in supplying the most suitable product. We will only consider a refund on the Boot Liners if it can be evidenced that they have been supplied with a Fault or have been Damaged in Transit.
4. Damage in Transit – If you wish to return your order because of damage in transit please contact us within 1 working day of receipt to advise of Delivery damage. To ensure your claim is valid you must have signed for the order as Damaged.
Claims will not apply in the following circumstances: –
(a) The order was not signed for as damaged.
(b) We were NOT notified within 1 working day from receipt.
Once verified that the damage was caused in transit we will attend to the collection / replacement / promptly.
5. Prices – The Delivery prices of our products include VAT. If the delivery address is outside of these areas then delivery charges must be agreed separately and acceptance of your order will be subject to this. We reserve the right to refuse your order and issue a full refund if we cannot agree on an additional delivery cost.
6. Delivery and Postage – All orders are delivered by carriers who will normally require a signature. If there is likely to be any difficulty in obtaining a signature on delivery then please contact us so that alternative delivery arrangements can be made. Items can’t be shipped until we have a confirmed delivery address. You must make us aware of any suspected damage upon delivery and have signed the delivery note as such.
7. Data Protection – We do not disclose buyers’ information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
Cookies may be used on this shopping site to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart, to store delivery. Data collected by this site is used to: a) Take and fulfil customer orders. b) Administer and enhance the site and service. c) Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes.
8. Copyright, Trademark, Patent and other Intellectual Property – Please note that our products and all publications relating to our products are subject to copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights which shall remain vested in us, our licensors or the relevant owners and must not be used otherwise than as clearly intended without notice to us and express permission, both in writing.
9. Governing Law & Jurisdiction – These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales. No claim may be brought against Athag Limited other than in the Courts of England & Wales.